Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 4, 2014
Keep in touch with UGASports.com
• WR Isaiah McKenzie (American Heritage; Plantation, Fla.) - Georgia entered the mix late for the four-star playmaker but that may not matter. McKenzie is very close with teammate and UGA running back commitment Sony Michel and it appears, at least for now, that the two will play together at the next level. Keep an eye on Ole Miss here, but Georgia is definitely the team to beat with around 12 hours to go before he signs at 8:30 a.m. EST.
Confidence level: High
• DL Andrew Williams (Eagles Landing Christian Academy) - I still don't feel like we have a firm grasp on this one but I feel confident in saying that Georgia is firmly in the mix here. Auburn and Clemson are as well and those relationships are going to be tough to overcome. It wouldn't surprise us to see Williams sign with any of the three schools he is considering, but Auburn appears to be the best bet in this situation
Confidence Level: Average
• ATH Tavon Ross (Bleckley County) - Ross gave the Bulldogs a shot with an official visit in mid January and the Georgia staff gave him plenty to think about. Before his visit to Missouri, it looked as if UGA was making serious strides but the visit to Columbia really solidified things for the Tigers. Again, it wouldn't surprise us in the least to see Ross sign with Georgia on Wednesday, but we believe Mizzou is his likely destination.
Confidence level: High
• ATH T.J. Harrell (Tampa Catholic; Tampa, Fla.) - There are three schools involved here in Michigan State, Louisville, and Georgia, but Michigan State is the clear leader. Harrell has a multiple relatives on the Spartan roster and the MSU staff has built a strong relationship with the four-star prospect. Georgia made a run with a visit on the weekend of January 24, but it was too little, too late.
Prediction: Michigan State
Confidence Level: Very High
• DE Lorenzo Carter (Norcross) - This is the big fish for Georgia. The Bulldogs offered the Rivals100 talent last winter and the staff, whether it was Todd Grantham or Jeremy Pruitt as defensive coordinator, has made him a priority. Florida, LSU, and Florida State have all given Georgia plenty of competition here, but Mark Richt deserves a ton of credit when it comes to Carter's recruitment. The UGA head coach had a very active role in Carter's recruitment as did Bryan McClendon and the official visit last weekend all but sealed the deal.
Confidence Level: High